Speakers & Oral Presenters Guidelines
SPEAKERS’ READY ROOM
Speakers and oral presenters are requested to upload PowerPoint slide presentations at the Speakers’ Ready Room at least 3 hours prior to your session. There will be a technician available to assist you.
Speakers’ ready room located at Media room level 22 and will operate as followings:
|23 October 2019||7:00 – 17:00|
|24 October 2019||7:00 – 17:00|
|25 October 2019||7:00 – 17:00|
|26 October 2019||7:00 – 17:00|
|27 October 2019||7:00 – 11:00|
The PowerPoint presentation ratio is 16:9 standard screen. You may use the template that we provided. : Download template
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please comply with the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type PPTX or PowerPoint file that saved in PDF format.
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only.Such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: make sure that inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: WMV, MP4 or AVI are the only acceptable video formats. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files.
- Apple: please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
Restrictions – Personal laptop computers cannot be connected to the projectors in lecture rooms and presentations cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the lecture rooms. Presentations must be uploaded via our service.
To the attention of MAC users – If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file and meet with the technician in the Speaker Service Centre to either make sure that your presentation will run properly on the PC’s or to anticipate a backup solution.
Suggestion: If your presentation including videos in your presentation, please make sure to check that they work in the Speaker Ready Room AND ALSO in the session hall where your lecture is taking place (during a coffee or lunch break at least 30 minutes prior to your session.
PLEASE BRING A HARD COPY BACK-UP OF YOUR PRESENTATION WITH YOU
At the Session Hall
- Assemble in your session room at least 10 minutes before the beginning of the session.
- Please check the final program to confirm the date, time, room and order of your presentation.
- Ensure that you sit near the front of the room with easy access to the stage.
- Ensure that you keep to the time allocated to you, as it will cause disruption to sessions if you run over your allotted time.
- If there are any changes or corrections required to the presentation details, please let the Technician know as soon as possible.